Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An Almost Repost

I logged on tonight with the intention of just posting "And I still haven't found what I'm looking for." Then I realized that that was the entirety of my previous post. Almost two months have passed, but it seems like maybe nothing has really changed.

Life is more good than bad. The only real bad in my life is the repetitive droning on of everything. Maintaining a routine like this--just simply working--is something that I had not anticipated being so foreign while I was in college. There is no more summer vacation, Christmas holiday or spring break. There is only Monday through Friday, from here until eternity, it seems.

I have a good job. I have a really good job. Things are good. Things are Kansas.

Driving through Kansas, there were no real problems or difficulties or challenges; you knew what it was that you were up against. But it wasn't enjoyable, because for hundreds of miles it was the same routine. Check my speed. Adjust my throttle slightly. Check clock. Check fuel gauge. Check mirrors. Repeat.


What's the opposite of "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"?



And I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

2 comments:

danmondy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
danmondy said...

Hey bro, I know that feeling. I would love to kick some ideas around with you sometime. Just bounce some things Morgan and I are talking about off you.
Speaking of Christmas break... What are the chances you'll be in Colorado?
I really wish you would move here, I know thats a lot to ask, but thats not stopping me from asking.